[CLOSED]Conditional rules using text string compare?

Home – SaaS Forums Support questions WooPrice Calculator (Pro) [CLOSED]Conditional rules using text string compare?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Marnick Menting
    Participant

I want to add a conditional rule to a field that is depending on a Radio Group field. But I can only choose Numeric comparators, while my options in the radio group have String values. I can fix this by changing the values of the radio group to numbers, but that is less clear for the client.

Marnick Menting
    Participant

Awesome, it works! Only thing is I need to add a rule “is not empty”, otherwise the field still shows up when the value is not set yet.

Enrico
    Participant

Perfect Marnick!

So in the end you have solved setting an additional rule “is not empty” to your conditional logic?

Kind regards,
    Enrico
    AT146

Marnick Menting
    Participant

Yes. Although it is not logical, the rules work when I added the ‘is not empty’ rule.

Katie Phizacklea
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem with the conditional rules. I was hoping this bugfix version would fix my issue, but the fields I’m trying to set the rules on are list input (so a dropdown), not text, and these options seem to be for text string compare. Is there a way to use conditional logic on list items?

Naidi
    Participant

Hi,

to be able to solve your problem we will need some more information :

1)Excel file or formula you are using to create the calculator
    2)Credentials of development environment (specifying the url of the item you are having the problem)
    3)Some specific explanations of what you want to achieve

Remember to send this information via email to: https://altoswebsolutions.com/contact-us with the detail in subject “Conditional rules using text string compare?” and we will reach you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
    Naidi
    AT198

Marnick Menting
    Participant

Now at version 2.2.16, still having the issue that I need to add the rule “is not empty” when comparing string. This is quite cumbersome when adding lots of rules. Can you look at it? See screenshot. If I don’t add the “is not empty” rule, the conditional field is shown when there is no value.

bill
    Participant

Hello Marnick,

It depends on the values of the input field that you are comparing the value.
    If this input field has an empty value at some point, you need to cover this option on conditional logic, but if you use for example a drop down where all the option have values you don’t have to set the rule

Kind Regards,
    Bill
    AT1089

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.